CREATIVITY = JOY
Hi, I’m Rachel Joy and I love to create. Everything about it makes me giddy… I love to imagine, design and make things. I love to take an old piece of junk and make it into a treasure. I love to see something I want and recreate it with my own special touch. I love to make gifts for other people. I love putting together a tablescape that makes people want to linger at the table. I love hosting just about ANYTHING at my house – this includes showers, parties, house church, school reading nights, and family gatherings.
This blog as a place for me to share all of my creative adventures with you, and in the process, inspire YOU, my readers, to be creative. I want my home tours to motivate you to change the things you don’t like about your home. I want my tutorials to enable you to make new things. I want my tips to encourage you and my dialogues to bring you joy.
One of my biggest passions is remodeling/updating our home. We currently live in a sweet ranch-style house (originally build in 1968) with half an acre of property. The only changes made to the original house before we purchased it was a bathroom remodel making the master bathroom significantly larger (YES!) but the rest of the house was still pretty outdated. Since moving in we’ve been hard at work turning it into our own little farmhouse.
I’m so excited to have you along for the ride!
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I am a firm believer in the life-saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- I am happily married to the man of my dreams. (Chris is also the handyman/grunt labor behind all the projects I do…)
- I have two wonderful kids – Andrew is almost 3 and loves basketball, Chloe is just over 1 and loves to be independent.
- I’ve lived in Oregon all my life.
- I am a musician.
- We have a pooch named Dahlia.
- If it were up to me, every light in the house would always be on.
- I am a food picker.
- I’m the shortest woman in my family (and I’m 5’9″!)
- I absolutely LOVE watching basketball.
- I feel prettiest when my nails are nicely manicured.